Retail Marijuana FAQ
Beginning January 1, 2014, it will be legal in Denver and Colorado for adults over 21 to purchase marijuana for recreational use. For more details and FAQ's about recreational marijuana in Denver, please visit the City of Denver's official information site at MarijuanaInfoDenver.org.
- You must be 21 or older to have or use retail marijuana.
- It is illegal to give or sell retail marijuana to minors.
- It is illegal to drive high.
- It is illegal to consume marijuana in public.
- It is illegal to take marijuana out of the state.
- Only licensed establishments may sell retail marijuana products.
For more frequently asked questions about marijuana laws in Denver, go to MarijuanaInfoDenver.org