The scholarship is designed to support undergraduate students pursuing degrees in the hospitality and tourism industry at accredited, four-year universities, colleges, or community colleges in Colorado.
VISIT DENVER Foundation Scholarship is a scholarship offered through VISIT DENVER Foundation.Scholarship amounts range from $1500-$5000 per academic year, and the scholarship is renewable for four years.
Foundation Scholarship Criteria
The scholarship is open to all students meeting the criteria listed below. However, additional consideration is given to applicants who demonstrate financial need, who are previous VISIT DENVER scholarship recipients, and who are currently employed in the hospitality industry. Criteria include:
- Incoming freshman or returning student at an accredited four-year university, college or community college
- Majoring in the hospitality or tourism industry
- Full-time (12 credits or more each quarter or semester)
- Citizen of the United States
- Maintain good academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA)
How to Apply
All scholarship awards from VISIT DENVER Foundation are contingent upon acceptance in a hospitality and tourism program and full-time enrollment in a four-year accredited university or college (12 credits or more each quarter or semester). Application requirements include:
- Completed VISIT DENVER Foundation Scholarship Application form with the signature of the Director or Dean of program enrolled in.
- An official copy of your high school or college transcripts
- One recommendation letter from high school teacher or university professor
- Documentation of enrollment acceptance
- Resume including extra-curricular and community service activities
- One page typed essay telling the Foundation Scholarship committee why you are interested in a career in the hospitality and tourism industry
Download the 2014 Application>>
Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee. The deadline for application submission is March 31st, 2014.
If you have additional questions regarding the scholarship, please contact:
Membership Services Manager
1555 California Street, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80202
Fax: (303) 892-1636