Kids are FREE during Best Spring Break Ever at Denver Art Museum
Giddy Up for family-friendly festivities March 21 through March 29
What: Kids under 18 receive FREE general admission to the Denver Art Museum
When: Denver Public Schools Spring Break
Saturday, March 21 through Sunday, March 29
Where: Denver Art Museum
13th Avenue between Broadway and Bannock
Family Friendly Activities:
· Design southwestern pots, play games and make cowboy boots with Lots o’ Pots and Southwestern Saints family backpacks and art tubes inspired by the santos sculpture collection;
· Weave on an authentic Navajo loom;
· Dress up and read books in the newly reopened 7th floor Western Discovery Library;
· Map your progress through the museum;
· Play with posable horses
Special Exhibition On View:
· The Psychedelic Experience: Rock Posters from the San Francisco Bay Area, 1965-71, reflects free love, rock music and experimental design through groovy posters, album covers and underground newspapers.
· Special activities include a far out poster making station, awesome do-it-yourself light shows and groovy ’60s music listening stations.
· The Psychedelic Experience is a ticketed exhibition not included with general admission.
Denver Art Museum
The Denver Art Museum is located on 13th Avenue between Broadway and Bannock Streets in downtown Denver. Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday 10 a.m.-10 p.m., Sunday noon-5 p.m.; closed Mondays, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Admission for Colorado residents: $10 adults, $8 seniors and students. Admission for non-Colorado residents: $13 for adults, $10 for seniors and students, $5 for visitors aged six to eighteen, free for children under 6. Additional ticket required for The Psychedelic Experience: Rock Posters from the San Francisco Bay Area, 1965-71. General Museum admission is free the first Saturday of each month, thanks to Target and the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD). The Cultural Complex Garage is open; enter from 12th Avenue between Broadway and Bannock or check the DAM website for up-to-date parking information. For information in Spanish, call 720-913-0169. For more information, call 720-865-5000 or visit www.denverartmuseum.org.
# # #