On Oct. 2, Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock will tap the first firkin (of many, many more to come) with Crooked Stave’s brewmaster Chad Yakobson at the new brewery location at The Source in RiNo. The tapping is in celebration of Denver’s thriving beer culture (one of the top beer cities in the nation according to GQ, USA Today, Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, Esquire, CNN, and others) and the kick-off to Denver Beer Fest 2013 taking place from Oct. 4-12, 2013.
In addition, the Denver Beer Trail, a guide featuring fourteen innovative brews and breweries located throughout Denver, will be introduced. Brewers representing several of the fourteen breweries will also be in attendance at the press conference.
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project at The Source opens to the public on Friday, Oct. 4 (the first day of Denver Beer Fest).
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project at The Source, 3350 Brighton Blvd., Denver, CO 80216
Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock
- Richard Scharf, VISIT DENVER
- Julia Herz, Brewers Association, organizers of the Great American Beer Festival
- Chad Yakobson, Crooked Stave
- Brewers and staff participating in the Denver Beer Trail, including
- Epic Brewing, John Turk and Jennie Richau
- Great Divide Brewing Company, Brian Baltzell, Doug Christie and Kate Kingsbury
- Prost, D. Boone
- River North Brewing, Matt Hess
- Wynkoop Brewing Company, Andy Brown and Shannon Berner
*Additional brewers expected to attend.
- Mayor Hancock tapping a firkin and pouring into Denver’s first-ever “Fourteener” pilsner glasses.
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project’s new space inside The Source, an artisan market which also features a butcher, a florist, a bakery, two restaurants, a bottle shop, cocktail bar, cheese shop, and even a bank.
- Interviews with the Mayor, Brewers Association and craft brewers in attendance are also available.
From Oct. 4-12, the citywide suds celebration known as Denver Beer Fest will return for its fifth year with more than 150 beer-themed events including Meet the Brewer Nights, beer-paired dinners, firkin nights, brewer versus brewer competitions and much more. All events are listed – and updated daily – at DenverBeerFest.com. The event was created by VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau, to offer more beer events around the Great American Beer Festival® (GABF) – organized by the Brewers Association – and also to give local breweries, tap houses, bars and restaurants an opportunity to showcase their products to the 50,000 beer lovers who attend the granddaddy of beer festivals, as well as Denver locals who can’t attend GABF 2013.
# # #
Rich Grant/VISIT DENVER, 303-907-8289 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Park/VISIT DENVER PR, 303-927-9398 (cell) or email@example.com