Richard Scharf, president & CEO, VISIT DENVER, was presented the President’s Award at the Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s (Chamber) 23rd Annual Meeting and Business Awards Luncheon held Thursday, March 19, 2009. The award recognizes Scharf’s position at the helm of the collaborative effort to bring the 2009 U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce National Convention and Business Expo to Denver this coming September.
The Chamber also recognized the Bureau’s 100th anniversary successfully servicing Denver conventions, which was underscored by upcoming Hispanic conventions secured through the Chamber:
- International Latino Gang Investigators Association, September 14-17, 2009
- International Association of Hispanic Meeting Professionals, December 6-9, 2009
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists, June 21-26, 2010
- National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials, June 24-26, 2010
On March 17, Colorado Meetings + Events Magazine announced the 2009 Best of Colorado award winners & Hall of Fame inductees. The readers’ choice awards for all 20 categories were selected through an online reader poll. VISIT DENVER took home the Best Destination Marketing Organization. Other VISIT DENVER partners who were honored include:
- Best Attraction – Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, Morrison
- Best Green Meeting Facility – Colorado Convention Center, Denver
- Best Convention/Exhibition Center – Colorado Convention Center, Denver
For the second year, Colorado Meetings + Events also recognized seven Hall of Fame inductees, chosen by the magazine’s 15-member editorial advisory board made up of industry professionals from around the state. The editorial advisory board presented Richard Scharf with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
About VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Celebrating 100 years of promoting the Mile High City, VISIT DENVER is a nonprofit trade association that contracts with the City of Denver to market Denver as a convention and leisure destination, increasing economic development in the city, creating jobs and generating taxes. Tourism is the second largest industry in Denver, generating $2.9 billion in annual spending in 2007, while supporting 65,000 jobs. For more information on Denver call 800-2-DENVER or visit Denver’s official Web site at VISITDENVER.com.
# # #
With press or photo inquiries, please contact:
Rich Grant: (303) 571-9450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Elving: (303) 571-9451 email@example.com