10 Ways To Have An Unforgettable 4th Of July Weekend In Denver
Celebrate 4th of July weekend in Denver this year! Here are ten ideas to get you started.
Need a place to stay during your vacation in Denver? Take advantage of great hotel deals at Denver’s best hotels all summer long.
1. Celebrate Independence Eve with a Free Concert and Fireworks
July 3, Civic Center Park
The fourth annual Independence Eve Celebration will feature a free patriotic concert by The Colorado Symphony, an innovative light show on the Denver City and County Building, and a stunning fireworks finale. Lawn seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis; blankets or low-rise concert/beach chairs are encouraged.
2. Expand Your Mind at The Cherry Creek Arts Festival
July 5-7, Cherry Creek North
This free, outdoor extravaganza – the city’s signature cultural celebration of the visual, performing and culinary arts – gives more than 350,0000 annual visitors the chance to meet and talk with internationally-acclaimed visual artists, enjoy a wide range of family friendly fun and sample fine cuisine. Experience Artivity Avenue, a full block of interactive activities perfect for youngsters. Visit the Cultural Pavilion, where music, dance and theater from around the globe will be presented. Culinary Avenue features tasty treats and live cooking demonstrations from some of Denver’s most popular eateries.
3. Rock Out at Red Rocks
Catch a concert in one of the world’s greatest live music venues, Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre.
- Get things started on July 3 with the powerful grooves of Michael Franti and Spearhead. Franti is even hosting a special Yoga On The Rocks event earlier in the day, if you want to work up a sweat.
- On July 4, jam band favorite, Blues Traveler, returns to the Rocks for another amazing Independence Day show with moe.
- The Avett Brothers bring their winning Americana sound to the Rocks for a two-night stand on July 5 and 6.
- Pop-Classical vocalist Josh Groban joins forces with the Colorado Symphony for a special concert on July 7.
4. Experience Pro Sports Paradise – and Plenty of Post-Game Fireworks
There’s no shortage of pro sports thrills to be had in The Mile High City.
- At Coors Field, catch the Colorado Rockies taking on the Los Angeles Dodgers during a three-game homestand, July 2-4. There will be a spectacular fireworks show following the July 3 and 4 games!
- Denver’s hometown soccer heroes, the Colorado Rapids, are taking on the New York Red Bulls at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on July Stick around for the fireworks display after the game! There's another match on Sunday, July 7 against the D.C. United.
- Over at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on July 4, The Mile High City’s professional lacrosse team, the Denver Outlaws, are battling it out against the New York Lizards. After the game, enjoy fireworks within the bowl at Sports Authority Field – pyrotechnics paired with visuals on a 220-foot wide, hi-definition screen. You'll never forget this kind of fireworks show!
5. Ride Roller Coasters and Water Slides and See Spectacular Fireworks
July 4, Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park
Spend the day at Denver’s downtown amusement park and then watch a brilliant fireworks display light up the night sky, starting at dusk.
6. See – and Hear – Nick Cave’s Incredible Soundsuits
Through September 22, Denver Art Museum
Renowned contemporary artist Nick Cave has debuted a new body of work at the Denver Art Museum this summer. The incredible exhibition features a combination of multimedia elements and performances along with figurative sculptures called “Soundsuits” that have to be seen – and heard – to be believed.
Note: Admission to the Denver Art Museum is FREE on July 6, however the Nick Cave exhibition requires an additional ticket.
7. Run in a Red, White & Blue Race
July 4, Washington Park
Work off all the BBQ and cake by running in the Liberty 4-mile run in Washington Park. Wear your red, white and blue proud and enjoy the celebration. Families take note – the Liberty Run also includes a Firecracker Kids Fun Run.
8. Feel The Rhythm of Drums Along the Rockies
July 6, Sports Authority Field at Mile High
Featuring eight of the nation's top drum and bugle corps, this event offers an evening of exciting sound in the awesome setting of Sports Authority Field at Mile High, home of the Denver Broncos.
9. See Some Oompa Loompas in Downtown Denver
July 6, Skyline Park
Head to downtown Denver’s Skyline Park for a FREE screening of the family-friendly classic, Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. Showtime is at dusk.
10. Swing to the Sounds of City Park Jazz
July 7, City Park
The Sam Mayfield Blues Band will put a perfect cap on the weekend with a free outdoor concert in City Park.
Even more ideas to plan a 4th of July weekend excursion to The Mile High City are available at visitdenver.com/July4.