PRESS CONFERENCE TO KICK OFF SECOND ANNUAL DENVER BEER FEST & BREW AT THE ZOO
WHAT: To kick off Denver Beer Fest, a 10-day celebration of beer-centric events, Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper will offer a toast to Colorado brewers at the first event, Brew at the Zoo. More than 40 top Colorado brewers will participate in the toast at Denver Zoo. Denver Beer Fest, Sept. 10-19, is presented by VISIT DENVER and will include rare beer tastings at restaurants and taverns, beer-paired dinners, “meet the brewer” nights, beer tappings, brewery tours, and a variety of entertaining beer events.
Charlie Papazian, president of the Brewers Association, will provide 2010 information and numbers for the Great American Beer Festival, the largest and most prestigious beer judging event in the U.S., coming to Denver on Sept. 16-18. A full list of Denver Beer Fest events by date, type, and location is available at www.DenverBeerFest.com.
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 10, 4 p.m.
WHERE: Denver Zoo, Conoco Pavilion. (Enter by the main entrance on 23rd Ave. The Zoo will provide golf carts to take the media the short distance to/from the press conference).
· Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper offering a toast to 40 top Colorado brewers
· Brew at the Zoo, a celebration of Colorado beer, with dozens of food and beer tents across the property
· City Officials accepting a proclamation kicking off Denver Beer Fest with a toast
· Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper
· Craig Piper, president & CEO, Denver Zoo
· Bruce Alexander, 2010 chair, VISIT DENVER; president & CEO, Vectra Bank
· Julia Herz, Great American Beer Fest
· Charlie Papazian, president, the Brewers Association, sponsors of the Great American Beer Festival
# # #