Special Alert
Menu
Welcome
18002336837
add this add this
This event has passed. Please view our calendar of upcoming events.

Sep 26 2016

An Evening with Thomas Jefferson: The Most Contentious Election in American History

 

Join us for an evening in the past! Enjoy a meal inspired by Thomas Jefferson's persona and philosophy, including a scrumptious dinner prepared by our own chef along with a wine pairing. Then, Jefferson himself recounts the mudslinging election of 1800, which he barely won. Learn why blistering accusations along partisan lines nearly tore the nation apart. Would incumbent President John Adams and his wealthy friends rob citizens of their liberty? Did Adams' Federalist Party intend to concentrate political power among the top 1%? Or, would Jefferson's Democratic-Republican Party create havoc by letting the remaining 99% occupy corridors of power? And would Jefferson relegate religion to the sidelines? Actor Jack R. Van Ens leads this lively dinner and discussion.


Reservations Info
Call 303/866-2394, or register online!

 

Loading Map
ENEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
Free Visitors Guide
Order the Official Denver Visitors Guide.
It's Free!
1555 California St, Suite 300 | Denver, CO 80202 | 1-800-233-6837 | (303) 892-1112
2016 VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau. All rights reserved.