The Aurora History Museum is a community-based museum and cultural center featuring changing exhibitions in history, decorative and fine arts, and natural history. The museum's permanent exhibition, "Growing Home" speaks about Aurora and the region's history, including a fully restored 1913 trolley trailer on display. Programs, tours, teas, workshops and family events are offered for all ages throughout the year. A hands-on gallery is available for children and families. The museum store offers books, toys and regional souvenirs. To do research in the history archive, please call ahead for an appointment. Admission is free.
- Facility & Décor Description: One space is available for rent - Community Gallery - a 70 person capacity space. Simple layout with carpeted floors. A 2-dimensional exhibit is on display in the room at all times. We can provide tables, chairs, and a screen for projection. Contact us for rental rates.
- Miles to CCC: 19
- Miles to airport: 22
- Event Space:
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 70
- Indoor Fire Code: 70
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 250
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: The Aurora History Museum provides school and group tours and programs including the Colorado Homesteading Trunk, historic games, and others. Tours are generally $3 per student/person. We also provide programs and tours at two historic sites in Aurora: DeLaney Farm and Centennial House. We provide outreach programs on homesteading in Colorado, Aurora history, Denver/Aurora Trolley history, High Line Canal history, etc… to both school and civic groups for a small fee. Visit our Web site for more details.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Group Performance Description: We have a small performance space in our community gallery. The space can hold an audience of up to 70 people with a limited performance space. The space is available for rent. The venue is very limited in performance space and professional audio equipment.
- Hours: Mon: Closed Tues-Fri: 9am-4pm Sat & Sun: 11am-4pm
- Green Practice Desc: The Museum recycles plastic, glass, and paper. We also use LED light bulbs where we can.
- Description One space is available for rent - Community Gallery - a 70 person capacity space. Simple layout with carpeted floors. A 2-dimensional exhibit is on display in the room at all times. We can provide tables, chairs, and a screen for projection. Contact us for rental rates.
- Total Sq. Ft. 1176
- Catering Any licensed caterer
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Meeting Theatre , Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 1
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1176
- Width: 28
- Length: 42
- Height: 12
- Theater Capacity: 70
- Classroom Capacity: 50
- Banquet Capacity: 50
- Reception Capacity: 70
Buffalo Bill re enactor"Gunny" Jeff Norman colorfully guides audiences down the untamed frontier trail that was Buffalo Bill Cody's life in a costumed one-man play that's as entertaining as it is informative!