Experience the magic! Take a spin on our restored 1910 carousel. Located in the heart of historic Nederland, just one hour from Denver on the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, the Carousel features 58 whimsical, hand-carved animals turning to the music of a 1913 Wurlitzer band organ. Rides are $1.
- Facility & Décor Description: The Carousel of Happiness is an enclosed restored 1910 carousel. Space includes the area around the carousel, a small meeting room and a gift shop area that can be rearranged.
- Allow Buy Out:
- Miles to airport: 65 miles
- Event Space:
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 175
- Indoor Fire Code: 175
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 50
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: The Carousel will open for groups during the winter off season. Must reserve a week in advance and includes a guided tour and complete story of the Carousel and its creator Scott Harrison. Mr. Harrison will also speak to groups about his experiences and motivation to create and finish the Carousel project. For Mr. Harrison you need to reserve a month in advance and is subject to his availability.
- Hours: Oct-Dec Thur-Mon: 11am-6pm Tues-Wed: Closed See website for more details.
- Additional Green Practices/Awards: Compost paper towel waste and supporter of NedCompost.
- Green Practice Desc: Solar Panels help power the Carousel, carpet is made from corn, and wood trim is salvaged beetle kill pine. Uses passive solar heat and radiant floor heating (93% efficient.) The Carousel composts its paper towel waste supporting the local non-profit NedCompost.
- Description The Carousel of Happiness is an enclosed restored 1910 carousel. Space includes the area around the carousel, a small meeting room and a gift shop area that can be rearranged.
- Catering Any licensed caterer
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum, Special Events Venue
- Type of Event Reception
- Number of Rooms 1
Full Buy Out
- Reception Capacity: 175