A contemporary art collection that is free and open to the public. Operating as an extension of NYC-based zingmagazine, the space features the work of over 35 emerging artists from around the world in the fields of photography, drawing, sculpture, and installation. Open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 11a.m.-5p.m., or by appointment.
In April 2014, we opened an ancillary space located on Colfax Ave and Grant St called the Dikeou Pop-Up: Colfax, located at 312 East Colfax. This temporary space currently features an exhibit by Lizzi Bougatsos, a Brooklyn-based artist who is also the front woman for Gang Gang Dance and IUD. Currently, Lizzi is recording an album with IUD at the MoMA NYC. Plus our extensive Vinyl Archive of over 10k records for you to peruse and listen to on our record players. Open Wednesday, Thursday, 11a.m.-5p.m., and Friday 3p.m.-9p.m.
- ADA Accessible Rooms: ADA Accessible Galleries
- Diamond Rating: 5 Diamond
- Star Rating: 5 Star
- Blocks to CCC: 2
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Please contact the collection prior to visit to make arrangements with the Director - tours range from 10-60 minutes depending on interest. An extensive list of programming is available on the Dikeou Collection Facebook page. We offer monthly experimental drawing sessions, film nights, speaker series and interactive programming on Third Fridays. All programming is free.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Group Performance Description: We have multiple spaces within the collection available for community groups (ranging from 5-50 people). Emphasis is on collaborating with existing Dikeou Collection programs, however special events can be arranged. Please contact the Director for more details.
- Hours: Wed-Fri: 11am-5pm
The Dikeou Collection is pleased to welcome Collective Misnomer as they present Culture of the Cloaked, which addresses what it means to desire to remove or cover what makes one uncomfortable, or gives the appearance of a delinquent society, and the...