The Forney Museum of Transportation is a one-of-a-kind collection of over 600 artifacts relating to historical transportation. It began 60 years ago with a single 1921 Kissel, but soon expanded to include vehicles of all kinds. Today it includes not just vehicles, but also buggies, motorcycles, steam locomotives, aircraft, carriages, rail equipment, fire apparatus, public transportation, sleighs, bicycles, toys and diecast models, vintage apparel and much, much more! Also view Amelia Earhart's Kissel Car! Admission: Adults (13-61) $11, Children (3-12) $5, Seniors (62+) $9.
- Miles to CCC: 3
- Miles to airport: 20
- Event Space:
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 500
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 110
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: We provide both self-guided and guided tours for groups of 10 or more. Self-guided groups receive a group discount of $1 off each regular admission and guided groups are admitted for an additional cost. Guided tours are 45 minutes to 1 hour for adults and seniors and 30 minutes for children. We can tailor a tour for your specific interests and we offer Highlights of the Forney Museum or Famous American Inventors. The museum is wheelchair accessible throughout with the exception of the entrance to the Big Boy cab and the vehicles guests may sit in.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Group Performance Description: Group performance space is available in the exhibit hall for groups of 10 to 350. Maximum of 350 guests and performers. Must be scheduled 3 weeks in advance.
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 10am-4pm Sun: 12pm-4pm
- Exhibits Space
- Description The Forney Museum of Transportation welcomes the private and public use of its facilities. Have your conferences, social gatherings, workshops, classes, meetings, parties, birthday celebrations and more in an environment that is filled with history!
- Largest Room 500
- Reception Capacity 500
- Space Notes Complimentary internet and free parking.
- Catering Any licensed caterer
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Tradeshow/Expo
- Banquet Capacity 350
- Number of Rooms 3
- Banquet Capacity: 350
- Reception Capacity: 500
- Banquet Capacity: 60
- Reception Capacity: 100
- Banquet Capacity: 15
- Reception Capacity: 25
Enjoy a special evening at the Forney Museum of Transportation listening to Denver’s newest and most energetic powerhouse variety band, Groove ‘N Motion. Your evening includes full access to the museum, light hor d’oeuvres, cash bar, and a dynamic...