The Soldier's Theater, Mess Hall, and Parade Grounds are available for all types of events: historic reenactments, parties, dinners, meetings, conventions, weddings, even band jams
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Walk the parade ground of the fort once commanded by legendary frontiersman Kit Carson. Established in 1858, Fort Garland served to protect the earliest settlers in the San Luis Valley. Tour the original adobe buildings on the grounds that recreate the commandant’s quarters during Carson’s time and view the folk art and culture of the Hispanic community. Fort Garland Museum offers educational programs and guided tours for both children and adults. Special group rates available, please call for more information or to make a reservation.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Group Performance Description: Fort Garland Museum’s outside parade grounds offer the perfect venue for Civil War reenactments, educational programs, and performances. Please call for more information.
- Hours: Thurs-Mon: 10am-4pm