MCA DENVER is an innovative forum for contemporary art that inspires and challenges all audiences, creating understanding and dialog about art of our time. As Denver's first institution devoted entirely to contemporary art, MCA DENVER is housed in a new environmentally sustainable facility designed by David Adjaye. Visit MCA Denver's website for current hours, exhibitions, programs and parking information.
- Number of Restaurants on site: 1
- Facility & Décor Description: The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver offers MCA Cafe and rooftop deck for private rentals with access to current exhibitions. MCA Café offers a Brazilian Cherry wood interior and views of downtown Denver. The rooftop deck hosts a south-facing outdoor bar along with June S. Gates multilevel garden.
- Serves Lunch:
- Blocks to CCC: 6
- Miles to airport: 24
- Event Space:
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 175
- Indoor Fire Code: 175
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Tours are available by request through our Education Coordinator.
- Hours: Tues-Thurs: 12pm-7pm Fri: 12pm-9pm Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
- LEED Certified:
- Green Practice Desc: recycle; green cleaning supplies; green water filtration practices; low flush toliets; cafe offers local products
- Description The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver offers MCA Cafe and rooftop deck for private rentals with access to current exhibitions. MCA Café offers a Brazilian Cherry wood interior and views of downtown Denver. The rooftop deck hosts a south-facing outdoor bar along with June S. Gates multilevel garden.
- Total Sq. Ft. 1100
- Catering In-house or preferred list
- Type of Venue Gallery/Museum
- Type of Event Reception, Meeting Theatre , Meeting Classroom
- Banquet Capacity 150
- Number of Rooms 1
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1100
- Theater Capacity: 60
- Classroom Capacity: 40
- Banquet Capacity: 48
- Reception Capacity: 60
MCA Cafe and Rooftop
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2600
- Reception Capacity: 175
Basquiat Before Basquiat - East 12th Street, 1979-1980.
Feb 11, 2017 - May 7, 2017
Basquiat Before Basquiat focuses on the artistic life of Jean-Michel Basquiat from 1979 to 1980, when he shared an apartment in the East Village with his friend, Alexis Adler. This period stands as an important transitional moment for the artist, as...
Ryan McGinley: The Kids Were Alright
Feb 11, 2017 - Aug 20, 2017
Ryan McGinley: The Kids Were Alright focuses on the photographer’s work from 1998 to 2003. These early photos and Polaroids—many of which have never been exhibited before—document his friends and collaborators in downtown New York City. In the...
Wall Writers: Graffiti In Its Innocence
Feb 11, 2017 - May 7, 2017
Explore graffiti's eruption into mainstream society during the social turmoil of the late 1960s and early '70s. The exhibition takes a close look at graffiti's place on the wall and, critically, at its place in the culture of the time. The exhibition...
Apr 13, 2017 - Apr 15, 2017
We invite you to deepen your understanding of the Basquiat Before Basquiat exhibition by joining us for a weekend of Jean-Michel Basquiat co-presented with the Clyfford Still Museum and the MCA. From the screening of Julian Schnabel's Basquiat,...
Penny Saturday at MCA Denver
Jan 7, 2017
Every first Saturday of the month, MCA Denver invites Colorado residents to partake in Penny Saturday where admission is $0.01. Check out art, get some culture, and do it for one cent.