Part of Denver's Theatres & Arenas Division, Red Rocks Amphitheatre is a naturally formed, world-famous outdoor venue just fifteen miles west of Denver. Red Rocks is recognized for its star-studded concert roster, natural acoustics and ambience, as well as its awe-inspiring hiking and biking trails. The Visitor Center features interactive educational displays, a short film on its geologic and musical history, a Performer's Hall of Fame and delicious food at Ship Rock Grille. Daily Tours: 10:00 am (June 1-Oct 1) or by appointment (303-697-6047) $6.00 per person.
- Number of Restaurants on site: 1
- Facility & Décor Description: Built around two massive boulders, the Red Rocks Visitor Center houses the Ship Rock Grille-- the official restaurant of Red Rocks. The Red Rocks Visitor Center features several group meeting spaces and features a delectable menu matched only by the stunning local scenery. Guests can spend a sunny afternoon dining on the outdoor patio surrounded by breathtaking vistas and even the occasional wildlife, or a cozy evening in the dining room near a roaring fire.
- Miles to CCC: 17
- Miles to airport: 35
- Event Space:
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 2000
- Indoor Fire Code: 9450
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Onsite Parking Spaces: 9000
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: Tours include an in-depth overview of the geological and musical history of Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre. Tickets and tour information are available at the Visitor Center merchandise counter. For groups of 10 or more, tours may be scheduled year-round by calling 303-697-6047 or 303-693-0550.
- Group Performance Venues:
- Hours: 9am-4pm
- Green Practice Desc: We recycle or compost 85% of the venue's waste stream, sending just 15% of our garbage to a landfill. Water is conserved with the use of low-flush toilets and urinals in all restrooms. Approximately 80% of all cleaning products used are Green Seal Certified, and all paper products used are certified by the Environmental Protection Agency. We are replacing incandescent lamps with compact fluorescent lighting and installing a combined heat and power system based on patented fuel cell technology. Sustainable building materials used, including a pest and fire-resistant type of wood that is grown and harvested through the ecologically-friendly practice of sustainable yield forestry.
- Description Built around two massive boulders, the Red Rocks Visitor Center houses the Ship Rock Grille-- the official restaurant of Red Rocks. The Red Rocks Visitor Center features several group meeting spaces and features a delectable menu matched only by the stunning local scenery. Guests can spend a sunny afternoon dining on the outdoor patio surrounded by breathtaking vistas and even the occasional wildlife, or a cozy evening in the dining room near a roaring fire.
- Total Sq. Ft. 33868
- Theatre Capacity 9450
- Catering In-house
- Type of Venue Auditorium (fixed seating), Parks & Gardens, Special Events Venue
- Type of Event Reception, Banquet, Tradeshow/Expo, Meeting Classroom
- Number of Rooms 5
The Rock Room
- Total Sq. Ft.: 3600
- Banquet Capacity: 200
- Reception Capacity: 250
Southwest Heart of the Rock Theatre
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2250
- Banquet Capacity: 160
- Reception Capacity: 200
Ship Rock Grille
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1818
- Banquet Capacity: 75
- Reception Capacity: 130
Upper Terrace - Outdoors
- Total Sq. Ft.: 24000
- Banquet Capacity: 1000
- Reception Capacity: 2000
Trading Post - Outdoors
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2200
- Banquet Capacity: 100
- Reception Capacity: 225
Lettuce have announced the return of their 2nd annual Rage Rocks show to the historic Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Saturday, May 13. The show will once again feature a headlining set by the funk powerhouse who will be joined onstage by special guests...
AEG Live is thrilled to announce Primus with The Claypool Lennon Delirium live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre Tuesday, May 16, 2017. PURCHASE TICKETS General Admission and Reserved tickets start at $39.95 - $45.50 plus applicable service charges. All ages...
AEG Live and Global Dance are excited to announce GLOBAL DUB FESTIVAL 2017 featuring FLUX PAVILION plus many more acts to be announced at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Doors & Show: 5:00pm
Live Nation is proud to announce two critically-acclaimed rock bands, Chicago and The Doobie Brothers – who have sold more than 150 million records combined – will be stopping at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on June 13, 2017.
AEG Live is thrilled to announce Pink Martini with The Colorado Symphony and special guest Rufus Wainwright live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre Thursday, July 6, 2017.
AEG Live is thrilled to announce THE AVETT BROTHERS live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre July 7, 8, 9, 2017. July 7: with Dr. John & the Nite Trippers July 8: with Chatham County Line July 9: with Shovels & Rope
The English rock group Queen is an iconic sensation stacking up 18 number one albums, 18 number one singles and is one of the world's best-selling music artists. Their performance at 1985's Live Aid is regarded as one of the greatest in rock history....
It's time to wake up and rock the house with GET THE LED OUT - The American Led Zeppelin. Come relive the passion and fury of the timeless rock anthems and intimate melodies that spans the mythic career of rock 'n' roll royalty that is Led Zeppelin.
Join the most unique 5K/10K event in Colorado on October 8, 2017 at Red Rocks Amphitheatre for the 11th annual Run the Rocks benefiting the American Lung Association in Colorado! Run the Rocks offers a 10K run option (limited to 500 participants) in...