Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Visit this 720 acre Rescue and Educational Facility, located just 30 miles outside of Denver, where more than 300 large carnivores roam freely. The "Mile Into The Wild" elevated walkway spans 720 acres of Lion Prides and other groups of carnivores living in natural habitats.
- Miles to CCC: 37.2
- Miles to airport: 31
- Total Capacity (if applicable): 4,500
- Motor Coach Parking:
- Activities/Tours for Leisure/Business groups:
- Group Activities Description: The Sanctuary has Activities/tours available for adult or student groups, including guided and unguided facility tours, behind the scenes tours and volunteer activities, educational speaker/presentations, demonstrations, and other educational or volunteering activities for groups. Special events range from 1-2 hour tours, to half and full day activities. Facility and tours are handicap accessible, as is the Sanctuary’s “Mile Into The Wild” elevated walkway and observation decks. General entry costs range from $7.50 to $15, and special behind the scenes and VIP tours are available by reservation ranging in cost from $300 to $1,000.
- Hours: Open daily: 9am-Sunset
- Green Practice Desc: The facility is designed with both active and passive solar heating and energy systems. We incorporate recycling in many aspects from composting to food share programs and waste management.
The Wild Animal Sanctuary Meeting Facility
- # of Rooms: 999
- Total Sqft.: 1
Meeting Facility Rooms
- Reception Capacity 4500