DENVER'S THRILL RIDES & AMUSEMENT PARKS
The Mile High City is filled with thrills – from gravity-defying roller coasters to challenging climbing walls to wet ‘n’ wild waterslides, you’re guaranteed to get your adrenaline fix in Denver. Here are a few highlights.
Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park
Die hard roller coaster fans will find plenty to love at Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park.
- The Half Pipe, the only ride of its kind in the U.S. sends you and 16 other brave souls spinning and screaming up and down a ten-story tall half pipe at speeds of up to 60 MPH. It only lasts about 60 seconds – but every second is intense.
- Elitch’s XLR8R is the world’s highest free fall swing. You’ll be strapped in securely and sent flying across the park, coming ever-so-close to the ground before being shot back up into the air. Try not to scream, we dare you.
- Thrill-seekers will not want to miss the Mind Eraser, a monstrously fun suspension coaster that climbs ten stories and plummets downward at speeds of over 60 MPH.
Every summer, thousands of Colorado residents flock to Water World, looking to beat the heat, relax in the park’s beautifully landscaped 64 acres – and ride some serious waterslides.
- The Zoomerang is a gargantuan half pipe water slide almost four stories high. You’ll climb into a single-, double- or triple-person inner tube, take a deep breath and plunge over the edge for a free-falling sensation.
- One of the most popular aquatic attractions is the aptly-named Screamin’ Mimi, where riders zoom down a 50-foot track at 30 MPH and then glide gracefully across the splash down pool.
Lakeside Amusement Park
The family-owned Lakeside Amusement Park is a long-standing Denver institution that’s great for all ages.
- Serious roller coaster aficionados should head straight to the Wild Chipmunk, a topsy-turvy two-person ride that speeds you up, down and all around at breathtaking speeds. Watch out for that hair-raising double dip!
- The Cyclone Coaster, Lakeside’s other premier ride, offers a speedy, scream-worthy trip high above the park on clattering wooden tracks. It’s a ride that’s garnered acclaim far and wide, including being named an American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) Coaster Classic.
Skyventure’s Lone Tree location offers the unbeatable rush of skydiving, minus the high altitude.
- Train with some of the world’s best flight instructors and then step into an utterly unique climate controlled vertical wind tunnel.
- High-powered gusts of wind create a smooth, wall-to-wall airflow that will send you floating into the air. It’s about the closest thing to flying that those of us without feathers will ever experience.