Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park
Discover America's only downtown amusement park -- Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park! Just steps from the heart of downtown, Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park (formerly Six Flags Elitch Gardens) offers two incredible experiences for the price of one -- get some thrills on roller coasters and then have a wet-and-wild time on some water slides. All in all, Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park offers 70 acres of family friendly fun from May through October.
The history of Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park stretches back to the 19th century, when Elitch Zoological Gardens opened in 1890. It was the first zoo west of Chicago. Over the years, the park added bandstands, theaters, roller coaster, ferris wheels and more, becoming one of The Mile High City's most popular attractions. In 1995, the current location along the banks of the Platte River opened, adding a whimsical element to the iconic Denver skyline.
Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park is open from May through October, attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors annually. Highlights include:
- Mind Eraser - A suspended, inverted roller coaster with some truly mind bending loops.
- Island Kingdom - Elitch's water adventure park offers everything from splash-tastic water slides to lazy rivers perfect for relaxing and cooling off during the summer months.
- Trocadero Theater - Every summer, some great musical acts come to Elitch's for concerts that are FREE with paid admission.
- Tower of Doom - Not for the faint of heart! Tower of Doom offers a hair-raising, 60 mph, 200-foot drop. Hold on tight!
- Looney Tunes Movie Town - Great for the little ones. Looney Tunes Movie Town is packed with kid-friendly rides and activities, not to mention plenty of cartoon characters like Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig.