Sponsored by VISIT DENVER, the City of Denver and more than two dozen other partners, the marketing campaign features television advertising spots, print ads, billboards, websites, transit advertising and special magazine inserts, all designed to encourage visitors to come to Denver and the Front Range during the holiday season, from November to January.
NEW IN 2013: at the request of Mayor Hancock and Visit Denver, the 2013 campaign was expanded to include seven Front Range communities that were impacted by the floods of October 2013. Representatives from Boulder, Estes Park, Fort Collins, Greeley, Longmont, Loveland and Manitou Springs will also speak at the conference on their holiday promotions.
More than three dozen hotels have created Mile High Holiday deals, with at least a dozen offering rooms at the “mile high” price of $52.80. Details can be found at: MileHighHolidays.com.
- Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock
- Matt Zambrano, appearing as Crumpet, the character who brings to life David Sedaris' hilarious real-life story of working as an "elf" in Macy's SantaLand
- Richard Scharf, president & CEO of VISIT DENVER
- Tami Door, president of the Downtown Denver Partnership
- Jeff Hovorka, Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Representatives from: Boulder, Estes Park, Fort Collins, Greeley, Longmont, Loveland and Manitou Springs
Wednesday, November 13, 11:00 a.m.
The holiday decorated stage of The Santaland Diaries, in the Garner Galleria Theatre, Denver Performing Arts Complex, 14th and Curtis
Mayor Hancock to Receive “Elf Lessons”
- Local actor Matt Zambrano will don candy-cane tights as Crumpet, bringing to life David Sedaris' hilarious real-life story of working as an "elf" for SantaLand Diaries, playing at The Garner Galleria Theatre November 29 through December 24. Crumpet will teach Mayor Hancock the fundamentals to being a good elf just in time for Mile High Holidays.
- Crumpet is highly visual and entertaining. He will instruct Mayor Hancock in the duties of being an elf, and in how to do an elf dance. Hilarity is sure to ensue.
- The set of Santaland Diaries is holiday themed.
- The Denver Performing Arts Complex is home to some of Denver’s oldest holiday traditions, including this year: performances of The Nutcracker, Cirque Dreams Holidaze, A Christmas Carol, Santaland Diaries, Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, Handel’s Messiah, Colorado Christmas Concert with the Colorado Symphony, and many more.
Speakers will also be available for interviews and photos following the press conference.