The new app will work on all iOS and Android platforms, including iPhone, iPod Touch and all Android models and features more than 2,000 listings of events, attractions, restaurants, hotels and shopping options. The app includes detailed Denver maps with walking or driving directions, photos from top attractions, and articles about the city. The app also makes use of Facebook Connect, making it easy for visitors to share their experiences with friends. All of the information on the apps will also be included on a mobile-enabled website (launching in June, 2012).
INTRODUCING THE DENVER DARES
VISIT DENVER’s new “Truth or Dare” marketing campaign pairs "Truths" about Denver (facets about the city already well known) with "Dares" (facets of the city that are less familiar). To encourage exploration and online “word-of-mouth” for Mile High City adventures, the Convention & Visitors Bureau has created a series of “Denver Dares” badges and a custom-built check-in process within the app.
The new campaign encourages visitors to choose “Dares” that will help them discover a whole new side of the Mile High City. There are 10 badge categories and more than 130 Denver Dares, each one representing an aspect of the Mile High experience. The categories include:
From the brand new Toyota Elephant Passage at the Denver Zoo to the thrills of Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park, Denver is packed with exciting activities for all ages.
Denver is a paradise for lovers of all things outdoors, including 85 miles of paved, off-road bike trails and a pioneering bike share program, Denver B-cycle.
The Old West lives on in Denver! Discover the new History Colorado Center, see magnificent Western art at the Denver Art Museum and visit Buffalo Bill’s final resting place.
Rocky Mountain Explorer
Head for the hills – Denver is just a short drive from countless Rocky Mountain adventures, including Mount Evans, the highest paved auto road in North America, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Enjoy a wide array of Mile High arts and culture, including Broadway shows at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, cutting edge art at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver, and exclusive exhibits such as Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective at the Denver Art Museum.
From rock to jazz, from classical to hip-hop, see a great variety of shows at concert venues indoor and out, including the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
Root root root for the home team all year long – Denver is home to seven professional sports teams that thrill sold out crowds year-round.
Eat Drink Denver
Enjoy everything from gourmet street food to fine dining in the Mile High City, not to mention a wealth of craft breweries and distilleries.
Find retail bliss and Mile High City-style at such shopaholic destinations as Larimer Square, Denver Pavilions, Cherry Creek Shopping District and hidden gems located in neighborhoods throughout the city.
In Denver, virtually every weekend features a fun festival, ranging from free music fests, such as Denver Day of Rock, to cultural celebrations, such as Denver PrideFest.
THE APP IS EASY TO USE
· Within the app, users navigate to the “Dares” section and select the badge category they want to explore. Within the category they will find multiple Dares that will allow them to earn that badge. Users can save all the activities they want to experience, putting them in a “Favorites” queue for later.
· When a user is at a Dare location, they simply navigate to that activity within the app and “check in” via a button on that screen. The user will be notified of the badge they have earned and the badge will post to the user’s Facebook wall.
· Users can also start the process on the companion DenverDares.com website, saving activities on their computer and then syncing them via Facebook Connect when the app is launched.
The application can be accessed at:
· For iPhones and iPod Touches on iTunes or by searching for “Denver” on the Apple App Store and looking for the Denver mountain logo
· For Android devices: visit the Google Play Apps section (formerly the Android Marketplace) and search for “Denver” and look for the Denver mountain logo
· For mobile website: go to visitdenver.com on any mobile web browser to link directly to the respective application markets or to visit the mobile website