VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau, announced today the launch of the Denver Meetings & Conventions website at VISITDENVER.com/conventions, a completely rebuilt and revamped site designed for meeting planners of all types, created with input from meeting planners.
VISIT DENVER is relied upon by planners of meetings both large and small to provide timely, detailed information on the Mile High City, its meeting facilities, venues, hotels and much, much more. With so many of these requests coming electronically – and with planners searching for this information by themselves online – it was critical that the Bureau update its online resources to meet planners’ needs.
To build a site that was universally useful and effective, VISIT DENVER’s Convention and Marketing staffs conducted focus groups with planners from multiple segments to determine what information was most valuable and how it should be prioritized. The results of that research directly impacted the content, navigation and design of the site.
“As the best resource for Denver planning information, we knew our website needed to match pace with today’s busy meeting professionals,” said Rachel Benedick, Vice President of Sales and Services for VISIT DENVER. “Furthermore, by conducting our research the way we did, we were able to zero in on the information most valued by planners and present it in a way that lets them find it quickly and easily. This site was truly built by planners, for planners.”
With a clean, straightforward design, the new Denver Meetings & Conventions website includes a multitude of resources, including:
• A simple, effective Request for Proposal (RFP) form that allows planners to submit their meeting details electronically or attach their own documents
• Detailed information on the Colorado Convention Center, including floor plans of meeting space, exhibit halls, ballrooms and the Wells Fargo Theatre
• A comprehensive list of Denver meeting Hotels, with separate sections for downtown, metro/suburban properties and mountain/resort locations
• An innovative Venue Guide that allows planners to select hotel meeting rooms and offsite venues by using multiple criteria including location, type (e.g. hotels, restaurants, special event space, theaters), attendance and room type
• Detailed listings that include capacity charts for individual meeting rooms at various room configurations (e.g. banquet, classroom, theater and reception)
• Attendance-building and promotional tools, including a Digital Marketing Kit that allows planners to download high resolution graphic files of printed and web-based materials that can be customized for their event
• A section dedicated entirely to Denver’s green meeting resources, including a list of green venues and two unique carbon calculators (one for meeting impact and one for travel impact)
• A meeting service Vendor Guide broken down by category
• A “Why Denver” section that lets planners read all about Denver and includes information about Denver’s famous Blue Bear