Looking for a food experience that won’t break the bank? From July 14-16, 2017, Slow Food Nations is taking over downtown Denver to host a festival featuring world-class chefs, local flavors and fun activities for all ages. With an abundance of free and affordable events to choose from, get ready to taste and explore a world of good, clean, and fair food for all.
Here are our top five reasons to come to Slow Food Nations this July:
1. Slow Food Nations will take place in heart of Denver – Larimer Square, Denver Union Station, Civic Center Park and Lower Downtown (LoDo), making it accessible to walk, bike, drive or take public transportation. Spread out over three days and several downtown locations, Slow Food Nations is all about making the festival what you want it to be.
2. Free events abound. Check out the Taste Marketplace, full of a diverse variety of exhibitors from around the nation and world; a kids’ garden and cooking tents where young foodies can learn, taste and explore; the outdoor main stage with free talks and cooking demonstrations; the free Food Underground talks and Ark of Taste experience at Union Station; and so much more.
3. Get hands on with a variety of workshops and panels focused around making delicious food, sustainability, food justice and policy and more. From learning traditional cheese-making methods to exploring the environmental impacts of coffee, there is something for everyone. To check out all of these incredible opportunities, visit the Slow Food Nations event page.
4. You can bring your kids – there are lots of interactive activities for all ages to get their hands in the dirt and learn about good, clean and fair food in the kids’ garden. A cooking tent will teach kids to prep and create delicious food from garden produce, and parents will also learn about how to teach with gardens.
5. Block parties! In addition to delicious food and drink from 100 vendors in the free Taste Marketplace and delectable pairing and tasting workshops, it wouldn’t be a Slow Food gathering without some incredible meals. Explore a world of tastes at the block parties taking place throughout the weekend in Larimer Square. Check out the full lineup of meals and block parties here.