As of January 1, 2014, it is legal in Denver for adults over 21 to purchase marijuana for recreational use. Other municipalities in Colorado also allow retail marijuana stores. Please go to each city's website to determine specific marijuana sale and consumption laws.
- You must be 21 or older to have or use retail marijuana
- It is illegal to give or sell retail marijuana to minors
- It is illegal to drive high
- It is illegal to consume marijuana in public
- It is illegal to take marijuana out of the state
- Only licensed establishments may sell retail marijuana products