In Denver, innovation never stops. With billions of dollars in city infrastructure updates underway, The Mile High City is investing in the future. Check out our video series below to see how Denver is working hard to be the best meeting destination in the country...and beyond! Contact us for more information.
On the final episode of Coming Soon: Denver, the Blue Bear and the Colorado Convention Center battle the evil forces of mundane meetings with superpowers around every corner. A bustling building in the heart of downtown. A massive masterpiece of over two million square feet. And soon to have an 80,000 square foot ballroom, the largest in Colorado. Plus, shooting into the sky, a new 20,000 square foot rooftop terrace with incredible mountain views. Meeting planners, it’s your turn to plan the perfect meeting, and become the hero The Mile High City needs. Good luck!
Greetings, meeting planners. The 16th Street Mall, alias: the Backbone of Downtown, is undergoing a massive renovation. Today, the Mall connects visitors to more than 11,000 downtown hotel rooms and more than 300 shops and restaurants. But coming in 2024, a $150 million renovation will add:
- Wider pedestrian walkways
- Bigger areas for patios and outdoor dining
- An expanded tree canopy and more
Denver has several new creative spaces for your next event. Some of them are bigger. Some of them are smaller. All of them require your attention.
- Denver Art Museum expansion
- Meow Wolf
- Bonfils Theatre Complex renovation
- Number Thirty Eight
- Mission Ballroom
- McGregor Square
When it comes to planning your next big meeting, Denver has so many places to meet and rest your head. Just try and get them off your mind! With 11,000 rooms across a compact, walkable downtown and brilliant restaurants around every corner, this city really knows how to make everyone feel welcome.
- The Sheraton Denver Downtown just completed a top-to-bottom $80 million renovation of their 1,238 guestrooms, 133,000 square feet of meeting spaces and lobby areas.
- The Rally, part of the massive McGregor Square complex next to Coors Field, contains 176 rooms and 18,000 square feet of adaptable meeting space in a hip, sporty setting.
- The Thompson, in Denver’s historic Lower Downtown (LoDo) neighborhood, will feature a modern rustic vibe, 216 guestrooms and 8,000 square feet of meeting space.
- The Schoolhouse, built in landmark former vocational school building is directly across the street from the Colorado Convention Center, with 250 guest rooms and 3,000 square feet of meeting space.
- The Clayton, in stylish Cherry Creek, offers 63 rooms and 5,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 2,400-square-foot ballroom.
- This expansive, 250-acre campus will create room for research labs, farmers markets, conferences and outdoor festivals — and access to six acres of riverfront open space. Plus, nearby highway improvements will make getting there easy!
- Redevelopment of six acres of riverfront that has previously been inaccessible.
- More than 20 acres of public plazas and flexible stockyards will also be available for programming.
- Low-carbon, resilient campus with energy-efficient buildings that are powered by renewable energy.
- One train stop from Denver Union Station, or via the redesigned Brighton Blvd. or a newly redesigned stretch of Interstate-70 (2022 completion)
- Grand opening in 2024
One of the top airports in the U.S. (according to Skytrax!), DEN is getting even better. An expansion bringing 39 new gates, and additional flights, means Denver will be more accessible than ever!
Denver International Airport (DEN) is building 39 new gates and increasing overall capacity at the airport by 30 percent. The new gates will be added on all three concourses to allow DEN’s airlines an opportunity to grow and for DEN to accommodate new airlines, including more international carriers. The project will be completed by 2022.
- Concourse A will have 12 new gates, all currently leased to United Airlines. These gates will be operational by 2022.
- Concourse B will have nine new gates, all currently leased to United. Many of these gates are already operational, with the rest completed by 2022.
- Concourse C will have 16 new gates, all currently leased to Southwest. These gates will be operational by 2022.
- For more information on other gates and airlines, see the project website.
- DEN has even more changes coming, including a remodeling of the Great Hall, more passenger amenities, new sustainability measures and more!