With accolades like "19th-busiest airport in the world," there's always something happening at Denver International Airport. Below are the latest updates, and more information on transportation in Denver can be found here.
In the 2017 World Airport Awards, Denver ranked in the Top 10 for the following categories:
- Best Airports with 50 million+ Passengers: ranked 3rd, making DEN the highest -rated large American airport
- Best Airport Staff in North America: ranked 4th behind Seattle and Vancouver
- Best Regional Airport in North America: ranked 2nd
- Best Domestic Airport: ranked 2nd, one of only 2 U.S. airports on the list
- Best Airports in North America: ranked 2nd behind Vancouver
- World’s Best Regional Airport: ranked 4th, one of only 2 U.S. airports on the list
DEN offers nonstop service from 25 international destinations in 11 countries (France, Switzerland, Germany, Iceland, the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize, Panama and Japan).
- In August 2017, WestJet announced that it will begin nonstop service from DEN to Calgary, Canada beginning March 8, 2018.
- In July 2017, Norwegian Air revealed plans for nonstop service between Denver and Paris, France, beginning in April 2018; Edelweiss Air announced nonstop service to Zurich, beginning June 4, 2018; and United announced seasonal nonstop service to London-Heathrow beginning March 24, 2018.
- In March 2017, Southwest Airlines launched a seasonal nonstop flight from Denver to Belize City, Belize.
- In April 2017, Norwegian Air announced a nonstop flight to London-Gatwick from Denver that will begin in September 2017.
- Also in April 2017, Copa Airlines announced a nonstop flight to Panama City from Denver beginning Dec. 11, 2017. This will also provide greater connectivity to various countries in Central and South America.
- In December 2016, Volaris began nonstop service from Monterrey, Mexico; Great Lakes Airlines began nonstop service to Telluride, Colo.; and Allegiant Air began nonstop service to Montrose, Colo.
- In October 2016, IcelandAir announced that it would begin service on two additional nonstop flights between Denver and Reykjavik, which began in June 2017, increasing the number of nonstop flights weekly to nine.
- On June 4, 2016 Air Canada began a nonstop flight from Denver to Montreal.
- German airline, Lufthansa, launched a nonstop flight from Denver to Munich that began service on May 11, 2016 and increased to daily service in March 2017.
A variety of airlines now connecting at DEN offer nonstop service to more than 180 destinations worldwide including: Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American Airlines, Boutique Air, British Airways, Copa Airlines, Edelweiss Air, Delta Air Lines, Denver Air Connection, Frontier Airlines, Great Lakes Airlines, Icelandair, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air, PenAir, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country, United Airlines, Virgin America Volaris and WestJet.
Airport Commuter Rail
At a cost of $9, travelers can take the commuter rail from Denver Union Station to Denver International Airport and vice versa. The 23-mile ride offers larger trains, traveling at higher speeds than light rail trains. The rail line serves eight total stations, including the new Westin Denver International Airport Hotel, connected to the airport itself.
New Airport Westin
The 519-room hotel features 27,500 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate groups up to 800 people and a public plaza.