Denver International Airport (DEN) is a major airline hub in the United States. Since the airport opened in 1995, it has consistently won top honors from publications like Business Traveler Magazine and the Wall Street Journal. In 2019, the annual Skytrax World Airport Awards named DEN the best airport in the U.S. With convenient rail service to downtown Denver, free Wi-Fi access throughout the airport and top-notch customer service, you'll be glad you landed in Denver.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: DEN is currently undergoing a massive expansion that will add 39 new gates and greatly improve check-in and security processes. During the construction, the airport team will provide clear directional signage and enhance the travel experience through service dogs, ambassadors and guest services staff. For more information, check out the Great Hall Completion Project!
For only $10.50 each way, travelers can take the airport rail (known as the A Line) from DEN to Denver Union Station and vice versa. The 23-mile ride takes about 37 minutes. The rail line serves eight stations. Board at the DEN Transit Center (look for the signs that say Transit Center instead of airport rail), Level 1, adjacent to the Westin Denver International Airport Hotel. The DEN Transit Center can be accessed at the south end of Jeppesen Terminal by exiting through the glass doors and taking the escalator or elevator down to ground level.
Daily schedule from DEN to Denver Union Station:
Every 15 minutes between 5:12 a.m. and 7:27 p.m.
Every 30 minutes outside of those hours
Ground transportation is located on Level 5 for both the East and West terminals. The east side has odd-numbered doors and the west side has even-numbered doors.
- DEN Transit Center: Airport Rail & Buses
- Island 1: Taxis & Cabs
- Island 2: Limousines & Sedans
- Island 3: Hotel Shuttles, Charter Buses & Parking Shuttles
- Island 4: Rental Car Shuttles
- Island 5: Airport Shuttles & Ride Shares
The city's public transport system, Regional Transportation District (RTD), also operates four bus routes under the frequent airport express bus service called SkyRide. Board at the DEN Transit Center, Level 1, adjacent to the Westin Denver International Airport Hotel. The DEN Transit Center can be accessed at the south end of Jeppesen Terminal by exiting through the glass doors and taking the escalator or elevator down to ground level. Bus schedules vary based on day of week and time of day. Please contact RTD for complete route information. All of RTD’s SkyRide buses are wheelchair accessible.
TAXIS & CABS
A cab or taxi can put you in the heart of the city in about 25 minutes. You'll find taxis at Level 5, Island 1, outside Door 507 (east side) and Door 510 (west side). Flat rates are the same for all companies.
LIMOUSINES & SEDANS
All limo companies have varied rates and cost is dependent upon the number of trips and wait time. Some companies have minimums and other rates are all-inclusive. Limos and sedans pick up and drop off at Level 5, Island 2, outside Door 511 (east side) and Door 506 (west side).
HOTEL SHUTTLES, CHARTER BUSES & PARKING SHUTTLES
Many Denver hotels provide free shuttle service to and from DEN. Meet your hotel shuttle, charter bus or on-airport or off-airport parking shuttle at Level 5, Island 3 and follow signs to your company.
RENTAL CAR SHUTTLES
Rental car agencies are located on airport property and provide courtesy shuttle service to and from Jeppesen Terminal. Shuttles pick up and drop off from Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 4, outside Doors 505–513 (east side) and 504–512 (west side).
AIRPORT SHUTTLES & RIDE SHARES
Meet your shared-ride airport shuttle at Level 5, Island 5. If you have requested rides through the Lyft or Uber apps, follow signs for ground transportation, then exit the terminal through Doors 506–510 (west side) and 507–511 (east side) on Level 5 near baggage claim and proceed to Island 5 to meet your driver. See DEN's website for more information and helpful tips. For Avail, a peer-to-peer car-sharing service, use the free USAirport Parking shuttle at Level 5, Island 3 to get to their lot near the airport (tell the shuttle driver you're with Avail). Shared van service is also available for trips around the metro area and throughout Colorado.
MOTORCOACH & TOUR COMPANIES
Charter bus companies provide service to various locations within Colorado and surrounding states.
If you're looking to get to the mountains and Colorado's ski country, there are several mountain carriers available.
All of RTD’s SkyRide buses are wheelchair accessible. Metro Taxi and Denver Yellow Cab have wheelchair-accessible vehicles and can provide assistance for limited numbers with prior notice and reservation. The following companies will pick up with prior notice at DEN and provide specialized transportation:
- Mobility Transportation & Services (303) 295-3900
- Wheelchair Getaways of Colorado (877) 810-3444 (Rent vans by the day)
- United Access (877) 578-1962
- RTD Access-a-Ride (303) 292-6560
- Wheelers Accessible Van Rentals (800) 456-1371
- Denver Yellow Cab (303) 777-7777 (24-hour, on-demand, wheelchair-accessible service)
See more information on DEN's accessibility services.
DINING & SHOPPING OPTIONS
Wireless internet access is free throughout the airport.
Getting around downtown Denver is easy. While the city is known for being walkable, here are other ways to get around without a car. An iconic historical landmark, Denver Union Station serves as the city's transportation hub, providing access to airport rail, light rail line, Amtrak trains and the Front Range bus route. It's also close to the mile-long 16th Street Mall, which has free shuttle buses, dubbed the MallRide, that stop at each corner.
In 2020, Skytrax World Airport Awards named DEN fifth on its list of best airports with 60 to 70 million passengers and 37th its tally of Top 100 airports in the world.
In 2019, Skytrax World Airport Awards named DEN the best airport in the U.S. It was ranked No. 32 on the list of Top 100 airports in the world.
In 2018, the Wall Street Journal used 15 metrics “to determine which of the 20 largest airports treat travelers better” in its first U.S. airport rankings. DEN came out on top, scoring high on security, on-time reliability, Wi-Fi access and many other key metrics. The airport benefits from competitive airlines that keep costs down.
In the 2017 World Airport Awards, Denver ranked in the Top 10 for the following categories:
- Best Airports with 50 million+ Passengers: ranked 3rd, making DEN the highest-rated large American airport
- Best Airport Staff in North America: ranked 4th behind Seattle and Vancouver
- Best Regional Airport in North America: ranked 2nd
- Best Domestic Airport: ranked 2nd, one of only 2 U.S. airports on the list
- Best Airports in North America: ranked 2nd behind Vancouver
- World’s Best Regional Airport: ranked 4th, one of only 2 U.S. airports on the list
INTERNATIONAL AIR SERVICE
In the last few years, DEN has added new nonstop flights to Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Panama City and Calgary, joining routes to Reykjavik, Tokyo, Munich, Mexico City and beyond.
- In April 2021, Air France announced nonstop service to Paris, France, beginning in July 2021
- In November 2018, United Airlines announced nonstop service to Frankfurt, Germany, beginning in May 2019.
- In August 2017, WestJet announced that it will begin nonstop service from DEN to Calgary, Canada, beginning March 2018.
- Also in April 2017, Copa Airlines announced a nonstop flight to Panama City from Denver beginning Dec. 11, 2017, providing connectivity to various countries in Central and South America.
- In December 2016, Volaris began nonstop service from Monterrey, Mexico; Great Lakes Airlines began nonstop service to Telluride, Colo.; and Allegiant Air began nonstop service to Montrose, Colo.
- On June 4, 2016, Air Canada began a nonstop flight from Denver to Montreal.
AeroMexico • Air Canada • AirTran • Alaska • American • British Airways • Delta • Frontier • Great Lakes • Icelandair • JetBlue • Lufthansa • Southwest • Spirit • United • US Airways • Volaris • Copa • Edelweiss/SWISS • Norwegian