Our Standards are a Mile High
VISIT DENVER is continually monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and is following the lead of local, state and national health and travel authorities. The safety and well being of our community, partners and visitors is our number one priority. We are fully engaged with local and state officials to coordinate a safe return for visitors and meetings. Our hospitality community is working together to implement enhanced procedures to safely welcome you back with our Mile High Standards.
Last reviewed July 7, 2021
As of July 1, the City and County of Denver and the State of Colorado have lifted most capacity limits, distancing requirements and mask mandates in most settings.
- Indoor events with more than 2,000 people will no longer require prior approval by Denver Department of Public Health & Environment (DDPHE). All indoor and outdoor events can now operate at full capacity with no restrictions.
- Face coverings are no longer required in Denver in any setting for children between the ages of 3 and 11.
- Per the state Order, face coverings are no longer required for unvaccinated people 12 and older in schools or Colorado Division of Motor Vehicle offices.
- Face coverings are still required for unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated staff, residents, and visitors in jails, homeless shelters, and emergency medical and other healthcare settings.
- Separately, a federal requirement for face coverings on public transportation, including public transit networks, airplanes, buses, trains, taxis, Ubers and Lyfts continues, as does a State requirement for face coverings in public-facing court settings.
Colorado Tourism Office
State of Colorado COVID-19 Information
Guidance for schools, workplaces, & communities
Guidance for Colorado ski areas and resorts
Colorado Exposure Notifications
Colorado Vaccination Dashboard
CDC Toolkit for Domestic Travelers
CDC's Efforts/President's Plan for Reopening America
CDC's Travel Guidance
CDC's Info for Businesses and Workplaces
CDC Considerations for Events and Gatherings
CDC/White House Opening Up America Again
CDC Guidance Public Transportation
OSHA Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
US Travel Association Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
CDC Holiday Guidance
Small Business, Tourism Worker & Artist Resources
Meetings Mean Business Coalition: Resources, Guidance Factsheet, and Meet Safe platform
Events Industry Council
PRA Tactical Design Checklist
World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travels Global Protocols
We strive to post the most current and accurate information here, but changes do occur. Please check directly with individual businesses and organizations to confirm their most up-to-date guidelines.
Last reviewed July 7, 2021
Header images credits: Mural by artist Austin Zucchini-Fowler, photo by @vasuskin via Instagram; Bluebird Theater photo by sonj85 via Instagram.