100 Years of Environmental Change in RMNP
May 4, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $80 per adult age 16+
- From: 08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
Provides an overview of the history of environmental change in the national park, emphasizing human-caused change. We will discuss the history of mining, water engineering, recreational development and tourism, atmospheric inputs of dust and nitrates, wildlife management, and climate change in the context of protecting and restoring natural environments within the national park.
Walk away with an understanding of how past human activities influence contemporary ecosystems and options for management of natural resources within the park.