1830s Rendezvous & Spanish Colonial Art Market
Sep 15, 2018 - Sep 16, 2018
- Location: The Fort Restaurant
- 19192 HWY 8, Morrison, CO 80465
- Host Organization: Tesoro Cultural Center
- Price: $5 for adults, and free for children 12 and under.
- From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Annual Event, Festivals & Events, History & Heritage, Kids & Families, Special Event, Visual Arts
The 1830s Rendezvous & Spanish Colonial Art Market commemorates the historical blending of the American mountain men and Hispanic communities of Old Bent's Fort. A day at the 1830s Rendezvous & Market is a day in the Old West. Historical interpreters will demonstrate their wares, including trade silver, moccasins, beaver skin hats and buckskin period dress. They will walk guests through day-to-day skills from the 1830s, such as brain-tanning, primitive fire building, rope braiding, blacksmithing and scrimshaw. Oral history and music were very important to the culture of this era, and will fill the courtyard of The Fort, transporting guests back in time. The event also features a Spanish Colonial Art Market that celebrates Spanish Colonial artists demonstrating and selling retablos, bultos, tinwork, and encrusted straw appliqué throughout the weekend.
The 1830s Rendezvous & Market is open to the public; admission is $5 for adults, and free for children 12 and under.