A One Night Stand Halloween
Oct 28, 2018
One Night Stand Theater celebrates the Halloween season with an evening of ghosts, goblins, and things that go bump in the night with “A One Night Stand Halloween” on Sunday, October 28, 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theater in Aurora.
This one-night-only production features short plays and stories about Halloween, horror, and the supernatural:
• Mysterious footsteps lead to suspicion and hysteria in “Followed” by Edith Weiss.
• A misguided lover meets a horrific but fitting end in “The Fateful Splinter” by Linda Berry.
• A young girl awakens to an unwelcome late-night playmate in “Best Friend Becky” by Wayne Faust.
• The zombie apocalypse can’t intrude on afternoon tea in “Tuesday of the Dead” by Dan Weatherer.
• Death calls on an unhappily married couple in “Death is a Many Splendored Thing” by Greg Freier.
• An undersized ghost seeks the perfect haunting job in “The Bantam Phantom” by Lael J. Littke.
• Miranda the witch deals with excessively gifted children and a secret life in “They Burn Witches, Don’t They?” by Edith Weiss.
• Two interns tasked with dreaming up new Halloween costumes hope there are “No Bad Ideas in Brainstorming” by Jacob Dorn.
“Our October show this year was scheduled for the end of the month, so choosing Halloween as our theme was a no-brainer,” says James O’Leary, One Night Stand Theater’s artistic director. “The plays and stories chosen for this show are mostly comedic, but there is also a lot of dark humor and things might get a little scary on stage…on purpose.”
One Night Stand Theater is a Denver-area theater company that has presented one-night-only evenings of theatrical staged readings for the past nine years, each with its own theme. Performances have featured folk tales, American history, old-time radio, social issues, and plays about war, romance, and world travel.
“A One Night Stand Halloween” takes place on Sunday, October 28 at 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theatre, located at 1468 Dayton St., one half-block south of Colfax Avenue in Old Downtown Aurora. The show is recommended for mature audiences. Tickets are $10. To make reservations, e-mail email@example.com or phone 303-725-4959. More information is available at www.onenightstandtheater.org and at the One Night Stand Theater Facebook page.