Artful Insight – Joseph Henry Sharp
Jun 19, 2017
- Location: American Museum of Western Art - The Anschutz Collection
- 1727 Tremont Place, Denver, CO 80202
- Host Organization: American Museum of Western Art - The Anschutz Collection
- Price: $10.00
- From: 03:00 PM to 04:30 PM
- History & Heritage, Museums, Special Event, Visual Arts
Joseph Henry Sharp, known as the “father of the Taos Society of Artists,” was an illustrator, painter and teacher. After making his first trip to Taos, New Mexico in 1893, Sharp was inspired by the Native people who were living there. Known for his realistic portrayal of Native Americans, his paintings display a respect and sympathy for a culture that he felt was swiftly changing. During this Artful Insight, we will discuss the four paintings by Sharp that are currently on display.
Artful Insights are limited to a small number of visitors so each guest can have an intimate experience with the art and Museum guide. Advance reservations are highly recommended, as programs often sell out.