Birds at Twilight
May 24, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $40 per adult age 16+
- From: 05:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
Evening twilight marks the transition time when nocturnal birds become active. While many daytime species can still be located, Wilson’s snipes, owls, common nighthawks and common poorwills start their nightshift hunting at twilight.
We will explore the haunts of these birds, seeking both to see and hear these mysterious creatures. We will discuss natural history and ecology as we visit, search and listen.