Birds of the Kawuneeche Valley
Jun 16, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $80 per adult age 16+
- From: 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
This all-day birding excursion will begin with a brief indoor session, followed by a day spent in the field within Rocky Mountain National Park. We will identify birds by sight and voice and learn about their natural history.
This is prime time to find birds nesting, and we expect to locate woodpeckers, bluebirds, swallows, and wrens at their cavity nests. We will break for lunch at a restaurant in Grand Lake and then resume our field explorations in the Kawuneeche Valley.