Civic Center Park Public Art & History Tour
- Location: McNichols Civic Center Building, Denver Arts & Venues
- 144 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80202
- Price: FREE
- Starting: 10:00 AM
- Free Events, History & Heritage, Visual Arts
This tour covers a broad array of historical and contemporary public artworks in Denver. Beginning with the classic 20th century bronze sculptures of Alexander Proctor's On the War Trail and Broncho Buster, as well as the intriguing landscape and architecture of Civic Center Park.
From 'Cowboys and Indians' to a big red chair with a miniature horse, this tour displays the evolution of public art in and around Denver's Civic Center. Tours will be led by docent Paul Pelegrin.
Tours are free and open to the public, but spaces are limited, so please RSVP to reserve your place.
Tours meet at McNichols Civic Center Building, 144 W. Colfax Ave.
Help us celebrate Denver Public Art's 30th anniversary by photographing our collection on your tour. Use the hashtag #DenverPublicArt30 to participate in our photo challenge.
You can always photograph any piece of the collection, but here are the upcoming monthly themes:
• May: Memorials and Statues, and Asian and Pacific American History and Heritage
• June: Summer Time Art (Picnics and Park Fun), and Find Art in Your Neighborhood
• July: Denver International Airport Collection, and Light or Kinetic Art
• August: Urban Arts Fund, and Indoor Art
• September: Latino and Hispanic History and Heritage