Data Discoveries: How to Become a Citizen Scientist in RMNP
Sep 8, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $80 per adult age 16+
- From: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
If you love spending time in Rocky Mountain National Park and have wanted to get involved on a management level, consider becoming a citizen scientist!
Learn how the Estes Park Environmental Center (EPEC) plans their water, air, flora, and fauna monitoring studies, and get first-hand experience collecting reliable data. Spend time in the beautiful Fall River Biological Corridor from Horseshoe Park all the way up to the alpine tundra. Get your feet wet in Fall River while taking water quality data. Take in the views from Trail Ridge Road while measuring air quality. Look through a camera lens while doing repeat photography. Observe wildlife habits from our camera trap images. Most importantly, help the National Park and EPEC collect meaningful data relevant to management issues in this class and in the future.