Dinosaur Ridge Scientific Spelling Bee
Sep 22, 2018
- 710 10th St., Golden, CO 80401
- Host Organization: Dinosaur Ridge
- Price: $40 for adult competitors; $25 for student (<18) competitors; $20 for attendees who are not competing.
- From: 02:30 PM to 06:00 PM
- Annual Event, Kids & Families, Museums, Science & Nature, Special Event
You’re Invited: Dinosaur Ridge Scientific Spelling Stomp
An All-Ages Scientific Spelling Bee
Join us for a new twist on the traditional spelling bee at Dinosaur Ridge’s Scientific Spelling Bee on Saturday, September 22 at 2:30 p.m. It’s going to be a light-hearted event with food, drinks and great prizes. REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 10 TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT. The winning team can win a $500 prize.
Dinosaur Ridge Scientific Spelling Stomp: An All-Ages Competitive Spelling Bee
• Event Profile: A fun-filled event for students, families, teachers, and science lovers from all walks of life to promote scientific literacy in our community.
• Date and Time: Saturday, September 22, 2:30-6 p.m.
• Location: American Mountaineering Museum (710 10th St, Golden, CO)
• All words will be scientific with an emphasis on paleontology and geology terms.
• Teams of 2-4 people, all ages, will enter to compete for prizes and the glory of the Dinosaur Ridge Scientific Spelling Champion title. OR individuals can register, and we will place them on teams of 2-4 competitors.
• Study lists for Rounds 1 & 2 will be available on August 18 on the Dinosaur Ridge website.
• The first-place team will win $500; second place wins $300; and third place wins $200.
• Team registrants: $35 per adult, $20 per student before 9/10/18 Prices go up by $5/person after 9/10/18. (Food and drink and official t-shirt included) Register at: http://www.dinoridge.org/spelling-stomp.html
• $15 for attendees (non-teams) (food and drink included) Prices go up by $5/person after 9/10/18. Tickets available at: http://www.dinoridge.org/spelling-stomp.html
• Attendees can come support their favorite team and purchase “mulligans” for a small fee to buy their favorites back into the competition (through Round 5).
• Sponsored by Colorado Chemistry Teachers Association, Jefferson County Library Foundation, Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists, and Moments in Stone
• Beneficiaries: Friends of Dinosaur Ridge educational and preservation programs