Edible & Medicinal Plants of the Rockies
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $80 per adult age 16+
- From: 08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
Spend the day exploring the flora of the park with a former RMNP interpretive ranger and Master Herbalist. Our attention will be focused on native plants and their current usage as food and medicine and, where applicable, historical uses will be discussed.
Herbal remedies based on popular traditions, herbal lore and cultural customs will be complemented with therapeutic value discovered by scientists for a holistic portrayal of medicinal plants found in the Rocky Mountains. Learn what plants can be safely eaten, the parts used and their preparation. It will touch upon topics such as pharmacology, physiology, care in plant identification, conservation, and ethical considerations.