Edible Wild Plants of Colorado: What to eat when Safeway is closed
Aug 16, 2018
- Location: Golden History Museum & Park
- 923 10th St., Golden, CO 80401
- Host Organization: Golden History Museum & Park
- Price: $0 members; $10 non-members
- From: 05:30 PM to 07:00 PM
- Food & Drink, Museums, Science & Nature
With a little bit of Edible Wild Plants knowledge and a good digging stick a resourceful person can find plenty to eat among the wild plants of Colorado.
This lecture will cover the excavation and extraction of botanical remains from archaeological sites, the interpretation of the remains, and a review of some of the plants and their uses. Many of the plants discussed are common in the yards and wilderness areas of Colorado, either as our treasured flowers or as one of those nasty weeds. Location and Pricing: Golden History Museum, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., $0 members; $10 non-members. Registration is required.
Program will be canceled if minimum attendance number is not reached 24 hours prior to start time. Membership - membership pays for itself with just a few programs for your family.