First Friday: Día de los Muertos
Nov 3, 2017
- Location: Museo de las Americas
- 861 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO 80204
- Host Organization: Museo de las Americas
- Price: General admission is free, $1 - 3 sugar skull decorating, $5 face painting, My Denver Youth Cards accepted
- From: 05:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- Annual Event, Denver Arts Week 5280 Deals, Festivals & Events, Food & Drink, History & Heritage, Kids & Families, Museums, Special Event, Visual Arts, Know Your Arts First Friday, Arts Week Hidden Gems, Arts Week Family Friendly
November's First Friday Santa Fe Art walk at Museo will celebrate Día de los Muertos. Join us as we remember loved ones who have passed and celebrate the eternal journey of death.
Historically this holiday is connected with the Mexica, who were the Indigenous people of Mexico, known as the rulers of the Aztec Empire. Special treats like pan de muerto, music, food, and drinks will be served.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to decorate their very own sugar skull. A performance of the Aztec Dance of the Dead will conclude the evening.