- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: Free for children ages 7-12
- From: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Kids & Families, Science & Nature, Special Event
Discover what puts the “rock” in Rocky Mountain National Park during this geologic adventure! When visiting RMNP, folks may drive by, walk on, or overlook hundreds of rocks scattered throughout the landscape, but now kids will have the opportunity to learn about their origins and how to identify rocks and minerals. Kids will explore one of the most recognizable geologic landforms within the park (the Alluvial Fan) and create their own pieces of geologic history to take home.