Hawks in Flight: Birds of Prey
May 12, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $40 per adult age 16+
- From: 09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
The diversity of birds of prey in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park during spring is quite impressive. In a few hours of field time, we may locate turkey vulture, osprey, golden eagle, bald eagle, Cooper’s hawk, sharp-shinned hawk, northern goshawk, red-tailed hawk, prairie falcon, peregrine falcon, and possibly other raptors.
We will concentrate on this group of diurnal hunters but will also have the opportunity to see other spring migrants and year-round resident species. We will discuss natural history as we watch and enjoy these magnificent predators.