Hike with a Naturalist: Chasm Lake
Sep 8, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $50 per adult age 16+
- From: 07:30 AM to 03:30 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
Participants will enjoy miles of open tundra and sensational views of Longs Peak, Mt. Meeker and the towns along the front range as they climb to a picturesque cirque lake at the foot of the iconic diamond on Longs Peak. Marmots, pika and krummholz trees can be viewed along the way as well as spectacular geologic formations such as tarn lakes and boulder fields.
Seasonal changes in alpine plants and wildlife will be discussed as autumn colors can be seen gracing the sides of the surrounding mountains on this breathtaking hike.