History Park Walking Tour
Apr 27, 2018
- Location: Golden History Museum & Park
- 923 10th St., Golden, CO 80401
- Host Organization: Golden History Museum & Park
- Price: Free
- From: 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Free Events, History & Heritage, Museums
The Golden History Park Walking Tour features a look inside historic buildings, hearing the history of the Pearce family and the students who attended the one-room schoolhouse, and of course, visiting the beloved flock of heirloom chickens.
The History Park is home to many of the original buildings from the old Pearce Ranch in Golden Gate Canyon. Thomas and Henrietta Pearce, pictured below, raised eight children on their ranch. It was one of the largest in the area by 1912.