Kids' Fly-fishing & Stream Ecology
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $25 for children ages 7-15
- From: 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Kids & Families, Science & Nature, Special Event, Sports
Fly-fishing is a sport that dates back centuries. In Rocky Mountain National Park, it draws beginners and seasoned anglers alike. Join Rocky Mountain Conservancy as we give kids a taste of what fly-fishing is all about.
During the morning, children will learn about what lives in the riparian ecosystem, the aquatic food web, and fly-casting techniques. Toward the end of the program, children will get their lines wet as they to try to catch fish on their own. All fly-fishing gear will be provided.