Kids' Map & Compass Exploration
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: Free for children ages 8-12
- From: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Kids & Families, Science & Nature, Special Event
Through this fun exploration of the surrounding environment, kids will understand how maps work, know what legend symbols are used, and will be able to create their own map of the Beaver Meadows area.
The different parts of a compass will be taught, and mapping techniques will be used and displayed through games including a navigational scavenger hunt. A basic understanding of navigation will be gained, and an ability to plan a route and orienteer with or without a compass will be explored.