Life as an Owl
May 18, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $80 per adult age 16+
- From: 02:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
With 14 species, Colorado ranks among the top states for owl diversity. Five owl species live in Rocky Mountain National Park, and another five species either regularly or erratically wander into Rocky.
With the objective of helping participants acquire the knowledge and skills to find owls deliberately, this event will cover material such as explaining what attributes make a bird an owl, how to listen and look for owls, resolving differences between cultural folklore and biological reality regarding owls, and exploring different plant communities that support each owl species. The event will conclude with time afield at twilight and into nighttime to find an owl or two.