Night Sky Landscape Photography
Sep 7, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $300 per adult age 16+
- From: 02:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Science & Nature, Visual Arts
Don’t put your camera away after the sun sets! There’s a whole different park to photograph when the stars come out. And you don’t need a telescope.
This event will discuss and demonstrate various techniques and camera settings necessary to photograph the Milky Way, the moon, the stars, and other objects in the night sky with landscape features by using digital cameras and standard lenses. We’ll discuss how to plan shots using star charts, software and apps to determine what will be seen in the night sky. A tutorial will be presented on how best to edit, process and archive these images on a computer. This is best for intermediate level and above.
Participants should have a digital SLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses that allows manual adjustments to the settings.