North with the Spring: Bird Migration
Apr 28, 2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $80 per adult
- From: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Science & Nature, Special Event
Each year, April in the high country is a time when we welcome back birds that have spent the winter in warmer climates. Ducks, shorebirds, warblers, swallows, flycatchers, sparrows, sapsuckers, bluebirds and many others return for the nesting season or stop to refuel before heading farther north.
Join this spring birding class as we welcome home “our” birds. We will explore several locations in and around Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, identifying as many species as possible by sight and sound as we learn about their natural history.
Advanced registration required!