Old Fall River Road Trip
7/13/2018, 7/20/2018, 7/27/2018, 8/3/2018, 8/10/2018, 8/17/2018, 8/24/2018, 8/31/2018, 9/7/2018, 9/14/2018
- Location: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- 1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517
- Host Organization: Rocky Mountain Conservancy — Field Institute
- Price: $75 per adult; $45 per child age 12 and under
- From: 09:00 AM to 03:30 PM
- History & Heritage, Science & Nature, Special Event
It is easy to forget that travel in Rocky was not always as simple as it is today.
Join us as we switchback through time traversing the park’s oldest road up to the Alpine Visitor Center. The rugged Old Fall River Road (built in 1913) will bring us to the hard-to-reach regions of Rocky Mountain National Park to see spectacular waterfalls and historic buildings. Marvel at the handiwork of our past, and see how it has been intricately paired with engineering feats of today. We will stop at the Alpine Visitor Center before returning to Estes Park along awe-inspiring Trail Ridge Road.