One Night Stand Theater presents "Intoxicated!"
Aug 5, 2018
One Night Stand Theater presents an evening of drink, legal and illegal highs, and compulsive behavior in “Intoxicated!” on Sunday, August 5, 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theater in Aurora.
This one-night-only production features short plays and stories about excess and indulgence:
• There’s more to life than great art for a beer company adman in “Fat Buddy’s Beer vs. Michelangelo” by Edith Weiss.
• A barfly assists with a brief lesson in bartending in “Bar Code” by Linda Berry.
• A man seeks help from a hotline for his weird addiction in “Poison Control” by Rebecca Gorman O’Neill.
• A dispute over loud music leads to bizarre compulsive behavior in “Quiet” by Patrick Gabridge.
• A cooking show goes wildly off course due to a crucial ingredient in “My Mother’s Rum Cake Recipe” by Linda Berry.
• A night of disco and weed in 1970s Denver collides with the law in “Lucky” by Edwin Forrest Ward.;
“Most of the plays in the show take a comic look at intoxication, though we’ll have some darker moments as well,” says James O’Leary, One Night Stand Theater’s artistic director. “I like to think of it as the feel-too-good show of the summer.”
One Night Stand Theater is a Denver-area theater company that has presented one-night-only evenings of theatrical staged readings for the past nine years, each with its own theme. Performances have featured folk tales, American history, old-time radio, Hollywood, and plays about war, romance, and world travel.
“Intoxicated!” takes place on Sunday, August 5 at 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theatre, located at 1468 Dayton St., one half-block south of Colfax Avenue in Old Downtown Aurora. The show is recommended for mature audiences. Tickets are $10. To make reservations, e-mail email@example.com or phone 303-725-4959. More information is available at www.onenightstandtheater.org and at the One Night Stand Theater Facebook page.